DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS

Introduction:
In 1958, the Department of Economics started itself from the hitherto combined Department of History, Politics and Economics. Sri G Srirama Murthy, B.A., (Hons) was the founder Head of the Department. A Great Scholar in the subject, he endeared himself to students as well as lecturers. He was retired in August, 1974 and Sri TSSRV Hanumantha Rao, M.A., became the Head of the Department. Himself being a practical economist, he did much service to the department. In 1983, Sri PARK Sastry, M.A., M.Phil., became Head of the Department and after his retirement in May, 2000, Dr. S Shyama Prasad, M.A., Ph.D., served the department after his retirement Maj. V Ravindranadh Tagore, M.A., Head of the Department and promoted Principal this College. Dr. B Swarnalatha, Head of the Department retired on February, 2012. Present incumbent Smt. Ch Vanapriya, M.A., Incharge of the Department.
Present faculty and Working Since:

  • Smt. Ch. Vanapriya, did her M.A., Working Since 10-06-2013
    • Dr.J.S.Prabhakara Rao, KGRL College (A), Bhimavaram delivered a guest lecture on “Structure of Market” on 07.03.2017